Location: United States-California-Redondo Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Clearance Type: SCI
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technologies that have real and lasting impacts on national security. From supporting missions such as the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean to landing on the moon, our employees help make history and shape the future.
We’re seeking a Sr. Principal Software Engineer in our Redondo Beach, Ca. location to help us redefine engineering capabilities and advance sciences. Strong candidates for this position are highly motivated with a passion and tenacity for solving and ability to understand, code and debug algorithms
What You’ll get to Do:
- Develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines for critical, global missions.
- Support the ground systems software area for a large restricted program.
- Develop and support operational software that aligns to project processes, meeting schedule and mission requirements.
- Bachelor's degree with 9 years related experience, Masters with 7 years related experience, PhD with 4 years of related experience or 13 years of related experience in lieu of degree
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: C++, Java, C, C#, .Net
- Current SCI access or DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access by start date
- Skills to code and design algorithmic applications
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and generate engineering artifacts for software development team
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and make good decisions
- Ability to successfully interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to persons of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If you need a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of the employment process, please complete the online request form: https://ngc-accommodate.symplicity.com/public_accommodation/. If you have any questions about workplace accommodations, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your question and your contact information. Reasonable workplace accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable workplace accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Northrop Grumman is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. If you experience any difficulty accessing this site or have any questions regarding our accessibility programs, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.