Work Hours: Sat/Sun 8am-8pm, one weekday 4:30p-12:30a
Suncoast Hospice, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
Under physician's orders, the nurse is responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs and for providing preventative and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/family unit. The nurse utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and to enhance the quality of life to the patient/family unit.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Valid Florida license as a Registered Nurse
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
• Certifications: Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Prefer one (1) year experience in an acute or post acute care setting
• Preferred experience caring for terminal patients and others with life threatening illnesses.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.