The Cook prepares hot and cold foods for patients, visitors, and staff.
1. Prepares hot and cold foods for patients, visitors, and staff.
2. Prepares quantities of food items for patients, Retail Food Service, catered feeding, and individual special diet items.
3. Prepares food items according to standardized recipes and portion control guidelines.
4. Follows standards of sanitation and safety in food handling according to HACCP guidelines.
5. Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
6. Completes forms and checklists.
7. Communicates with co-workers and supervision.
8. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in Food Service is required.
2. Experience in hazard analysis critical control point is preferred.
3. Experience in short order cooking, preparation for room service such as restaurants, other hospital room service experience is required.
4. Experience in creative cooking and design experience is preferred.
5. Experience in quantity cooking is required.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: ServSafe is preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.